Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ron


A week and a half ago Ron from the climbing gym called me to see how far i had made it because he had the idea to ride west on and meet up with me on his motorcycle. After i told him were i was he said he wasn't going to be able to catch me and get back in a weekend. He had a week of vacation so he left last Friday in order to catch up with me. We were going to meet in Tribune, Ks. I got a late start after staying in Dodge City and tried to call Ron to let him know that we might not make it to Tribune. In the afternoon we decided to make it to Tribune though it would mean riding after dark. I still hadn't heard from Ron and it was dark. At about 9:30 Ron pulled up next to me as about 8 miles from Tribune. We had a short conversation and he went ahead to town. I got there about 10 which turned into 9 in town since this was the transition into mountain time. We all slept in the city park. Since i slept in that morning i was happy to talk until midnight. It was very nice to see someone familiar. I was on the road by 7am since there was 60 miles between towns and it was bound to be hot.

No comments: