Tuesday, August 14, 2007

More people to ride with

I meet three people in Cassady Kansas at a convenience store who were out for a afternoon ride. We had a very interesting conversation about the local area, Kansas, my trip, and many other things. They left and were headed in my direction. I then filled my water bottles and got back on my way. I caught up with them after a few minutes. They were having a leisurely ride and since it was heinously hot and i hadn't ridden with anyone to date so i rode up and continued the conversation where it left off. This went on for about fifteen miles when we came to their turn off. As we said our goodbyes i was asked about my blog and how often i updated it since they would like to read it. I said something to the effect that i probably wouldn't write in it again until i get to Colorado because Kansas is flat and boring. As i said it i knew it wasn't true, but it was only then that i realized that despite the dreadful heat, mosquitoes, the major lack of distinguishing landmarks I have really enjoyed Kansas. What makes this a great place to ride is the people.

No comments: