Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Finding the Trail

The brake down of my day has become very Spanish in structure. I've started making my large meal in the afternoon and taking a nap afterwards. I find at the end of the day as it's getting dark I have less ambition to cook and clean up. I think I've found the answer to the picky eating habits of children, exercise. So if junior won't eat, go outside and run until your hungry enough to eat anything put in front of you. I say this cause I've taken to cleaning the very last bit of food from what ever vessel it came in. I lick the pudding cups clean and empty every donut crumb into my mouth. Today is my first real day on the transamerica bike touring route published by adventure cycling. I haven't seen a single person touring on their bike let alone maybe two riding a bicycle at all. So I was a little surprised that I would see five people touring today. They were all east bound. In the first little town I stopped in yesterday, I met the mailman who informed me that I could sleep in the volunteer fire station which was left unlocked for cyclists. I was pretty excited since I hadn't showered in a couple of days and yesterday though only 90 degrees, had a humidity of 85-95 percent. I was drenched by 6:30 am and it continued until I got to Utica. I slept in late and didn't get started riding until almost 12:30. 40 miles went extremely easy were I took my long lunch and hope to make it to the Ohio river, were I'll stay the night. Things have definitely flattened out a bit and since everything is feeling better I hope to start making a few more miles every day.

No comments: