Monday, August 20, 2007

New Ride


While i was relating the story of my trip to Aaron he asked about my bike. Since i was about to hit the mountains again and i was still without low gears he offered me his touring bike to finish my trip with. I was hesitant at first though it sounded great. After a few more times of offering i decided to take him up on it. I had to get new tires and adjust things so that it would fit better. I rode it around and it feels good. Dan took my bike to Laramie so if after a day the new bike feels wrong i can trade back to my old one. I have to say that this is the most generous thing that has been done for me since i left. Thanks Aaron. The picture is Dan on the left and Aaron on the right.

2 comments:

kathy said...

Charles
I am enjoying reading your blog...makes me want to still hit the AT someday with Bob...I too will probably be consumed with food, sweat, and such! Take care
Kathy, from Timonium ET

Mike Schwarzott said...

Charles,
I am glad you are doing well on your trip across america. It is exciting to read your blogs and say "Hey. I know him" LOL.
Never knew anyone to just drop everything and take off like that before.....
Your dad says you will be on the Pacific any day now. That is great! B e safe on the journey of your life, and may the god of Peace watch over you. By the way I finally have a granddaughter now after 6 grandsons....