Monday, August 20, 2007

Flat Tire


Not but 15 minutes after leaving the chocolate shower i was riding past a truck stopped on the other side of the road. I thought about stopping, but he had a cell phone and looked like he had the tire off. At the last minute i decided to check on him anyways. Well it turned out he was unable to jack the truck up high enough to put the inflated tire on. The problem was improper use of the jack. After about 15 minutes i get his tire back on and he's ready to go. He said “I've only got $3 but you can have it.” I appreciated the offer but i couldn't imagine taking it. So i decline at which time he tell me that he had been there for 3 hrs and no one had stopped to help him. He thanked me again and i was on my way. Just as i was leaving a cop showed. I would love to hear the guys relating of the story when he says so i was stuck in the middle of nowhere and some guy shows on his bicycle fixes my tire and rides off. I was also very happy to get an opportunity to help someone and just be helped all the time.

2 comments:

janashisa said...

Charles
that was so kind of you. I'm sure that that motorist will have plenty of stories to tell his family and friends about the lone cyclist who helped him when he got a flat.

Janelle, Ashton and Isaiah Wilson

cathy said...

Will use that story in my class I'm teaching. Been talking about helping behaviors.

Cathy H.