Monday, October 1, 2007

My time at Squamish


In total i spent 10 days at Squamish and it was a great time. It was nice to hang out with people i knew and to meet people whom i didn't. The days consisted of climbing, cooking, drinking , and just enjoying one another's company. I met Mark on my first night at Squamish. He had just arrived from Australia, and was just walking around trying find people to climb with. We ended up hang out a good bit and he gave me a ride back to Vancouver when i left because the road to Squamish was the most unsettling road I've ridden on yet. Largely due to Construction for the 2010 Winter Olympics. Also I met this awesome German couple Ben and Karin. They spoke English well, and we (meaning me, Matt, Eric, Ben, and Karin) quickly became friends. I feel a good measure of personal compatibility is how long it takes people to become comfortable enough with each other to make fun of them. My point was just that I had a great time hanging out, despite the fact that i could barely climb anything.

No comments: