Monday, October 1, 2007

Tacoma

I arrived in Tacoma a couple of days after leaving Squamish. Tacoma is where Steven Cangelosi lives who is the brother of Jason who many know as the former assistant director of Earth Treks Timonuim. Steven is the Sr. Aquatics Director at the YMCA in Tacoma. He was very hospitable and i felt that his home was mine. It was the first time in a month that i slept inside and it was great. I meet many of his friends, who were all friendly and made me feel a part of the group. I got picked up by Liz Sunday morning and went to the Puyallop Fair, which i had heard of a lot when i lived in Seattle but never made it to. We went to the fair and met Steven, Kenji, and Tea. The YMCA was sponsoring a program who's name i can't remember but it was to encourage walking and eating a little less. So we walked around the fair and eat at the prerequisite foods, funnel cakes and anything else you can imagine that could be fried and some things you couldn't. I also got the opportunity to see Kenji and Tea's house. Kenji paints and his art stems from graffiti. (I'm not much good at describing art, so all I'll say is that i loved it) I left the next day and headed south to Portland.

PS to all who worried about my wasting away to nothing. I've gained about 6 pounds since i left.

No comments: