Friday, October 26, 2007

The End


So after more than 5000 miles, half a million calories plus, two bikes, many many friends(new and old), rain, wind, ice, and so much more i decided to rent a car in Santa Cruz Ca. I was 400 miles short of my final destination, and i wanted to be there by the weekend. After a few days of hard riding i realized that i needed to continue that pace for several more days. At this point i was no longer taking time to see or enjoy myself, it was beginning to be a chore. I think that by driving the last bit i will be able finish my trip with the same joy that i started it on, rather than just riding exhausted for 4 days. I feel good with my accomplishment and am a different person for it. Yes I'm taking the tact that renting the car is a positive and not quiting. For when i arrived in Anacortes i accomplished everything i set out to. Now I'm driving to la. I'm going to hang out with some people that i met at my brother's wedding, Matt and Maurine. I might possibly get up to bishop for a couple of days to climb with Eric and Matt. I hope to see Sam Maloof's house and possibly the Nixon Library, but as for my Bike trip it has come to an end with nothing but pleasant memories even the moments of misery.

2 comments:

janashisa said...

Congratulations Charles!!! Way to go!! It's cold now so enjoy the warmer weather in LA

Janelle, Ashton, and Isaiah

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.