Friday, October 26, 2007

the Sun


So the sun has come out again. After 6 days of pouring rain the sun has come again. Miserable is the best way to describe it, when you don't stop to eat all day because when you get off the bicycle for more than 10 minutes you get extremely cold. My sleeping bag stayed mostly dry, but you only get into it when you have finished for the day. I was never in real danger and there were motels about. I broke down and got a motel room on the six day, since i got into town after the laundromat was closed and i had neither socks, fleece, nor down jacket that didn't need ringing out. I have to say that i can't decide which i like least rain or wind. Fort Bragg, CA is the home of the College of the Redwoods School of Fine Furniture. Which was started by the eminent furniture maker James Krenov. I probably wouldn't have ridden in the rain on the last day but i wanted the opportunity to see the schools facility and talk with the students and professors. I rode all day pedaling hard in the worst rain and arrived an hour before school let out. The hard work paid off, since i not only got all of the information that i was looking for, it was their weekly pot luck get together. Which meant that i got fed(ribs, potato salad, and other good stuff). The following day was sunny and the forecast calls for sun for the next week. I rode into Mendocino were the school was having a 25 year anniversary show at the Highlight Gallery. This was quite fascinating and definitely inspired me to come home and refine my own skills. I broke another rear bike rack in Mendocino. Luckily there was a bike shop less than ½ a mile for were i was. Which i found via my own personal onstar System AKA Michael Whiddon(my older brother). He has been the source of much information along the way. I got some new brake pads and the rack and got everything set up. Oh and the sun is still out.

1 comment:

janashisa said...

Go Michael!
Janelle, Ashton, and Isaiah