Friday, September 14, 2007

Grand Teton National Park


Entering the park on my bicycle and know that I had arrived there under my own power made the experience that much better. The Park is one of the top five most beautiful places I’ve ever been. I continued into Yellowstone in the dark. I made a pretty big climb and the temperature was pretty low. My hands and feet felt numb as I rode into lake Lewis campsite. Riding in the evening is amazing when the moon is out. You can see everything as a shadow and there are way fewer cars if any at all. This adds to the feeling of discovery. As if you were alone in the wilderness crossing the continent, instead of on a road built by people and traveled by vast groups. I skipped old faithful, because of the crowds though I saw the prismatic pool, which was just gorgeous. I also met two nice couples. After talking for a few minutes they asked for my picture and said that I rank with the other sites Yellowstone had to offer. Our conversation was very comfortable, it turned out the two men were retired police officers. My father is also a retired Police officer which I’m sure was the part of the reason I so quickly felt familiar. That afternoon I entered Montana.

No comments: