Friday, September 14, 2007

Flats

When I left boulder I hadn’t had a flat tire. This was about to change. In the span of 10 miles I had 4 flat tires. I was trying to fix the last flat and an older gentleman came by and inquired if I was ok and told me where the bike store was. By this point was out of tubes and patches so I walked the 4 miles into Loveland and got an education on a thorn with the name of goathead. This was the culprit for my flats. I bought liners and thorn resistant tubes. But then I was late to catch Dan in Laramie. I called a my friend skinny and though I knew he was out of town I assumed he would probably know someone in Ft. Collins that I could crash with. He put me in touch with Corey and I headed up to his place. Not only did they feed me, we went out for beers and made a night of it. In the morning I got breakfast with Corey and got on my way.

No comments: