Friday, September 14, 2007

Ego Check

While in Missoula I was feeling pretty good about my bike skills so I tried to track stand while holding on with one hand, and opening the trash can with then other and throwing something away. I almost pulled it off. If there weren’t an obstacle straight in front of me I would have. As you can guess the bike went down though I managed to get to my feet and couldn’t stop the bike since the 40 lbs behind me had already started going over. I was in front of PetCo. There was a beautiful woman coming in with her dog and at the sound of the bike falling the dog started barking at me. This woman smiled at me, I feel because I was noticeably embarrassed, and made tracks to get out of there as fast as possible. I was ten years old all over again and could see the other children laughing at me. I think it’s good to feel stupid sometimes.

No comments: